Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Outlook takes at least 60 seconds to load

Hi

I have a SBS 2003 server with cleint machines that connect to it to access their outlook emails but the problem I'm having is that it takes outlook over a minute to load on the cleint computers. The outlook accounts are larger at around 1GB each.

I have upgraded the server memory and the client machine memory but it has made no real difference.

Any ideas how to speed this up so their is little or no wait?

Re: HELP Outlook takes at least 60 seconds to load

Are you using cached emails? This should speed things up after the initial colection of data. If you are, make sure you have "download headers then full items" selected.

I presume you've tested with a small mailbox and everything is lightning fast? so the problem is definitely the mailbox size?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Before moving to the Outlook Forum, are these clients local or remote access machines?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

And to finally decide if this is an Outlook or an SBS issue, is there any other slowness with the server or file transfers?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X