No announcement yet.

event ID 3018 on the Exhange

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• event ID 3018 on the Exhange

hello all .
    i have a SBS 2003 with EXchange and ever day i get this event id : 3018 (MSExchangeTransport) -- this is the error details:

"A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;[email protected] (Message-ID <[email protected]>) . Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP address configuration problem Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify the IP address is in IPv4 literal format. For more information, click "

what do i need to do ... i cheacked my DNS and they are fine . and i cheacked the MX records and the a records and they are fine .. how can i deal with this error???

thanks for all your help .

Re: event ID 3018 on the Exhange

Is that the real email address you are sending to? If so, here are the results of the DNSStuff email test:

Getting MX record for (from local DNS server, may be cached)... Received an NXDOMAIN response.

This means that the domain does not exist! No mail can be sent to it.

what ? i dont understand ...
      i have PTR records and MX records .. that are fine and i have mail sent and recived,,,,
      i don't understand what are you saying please expain

What I'm saying is that as far as the rest of the world is concerned is a non-existent domain. Are you sure that is registered with a Registrar and that it has public DNS records? When you say that you have an MX record, do you mean internally? If so, that is not needed and will not help the rest of the world find you. Is your domain?

Try (Helps when the name is spelt correctly) Check for a DNS typo.
          Departed: 23rd December 2015

Did you say your DNS is fine, is this an internal DNS server or a DNS server open to the public internet? For public users to see it, it has to be on a publicly available DNS server such as an ISP's DNS server...