Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Force remove mailbox from exchange store...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force remove mailbox from exchange store...

I moved my SBS2003 to new hardware. The last step is to uninstall exchange 2003 on the old server and then demote it from the domain. However when I moved all the mailboxes to the new server, some mailboxes where not deleted from the old store. They did move though!

Now when I want to deÔnstall exchange on my old server I get a message that it's not possible because there still are mailboxes active on the server. Purge or delete these mailboxes won't work. Is there a way to force the removal of the mailboxes?

Svenster...

Re: Force remove mailbox from exchange store...

How did you move your server to new hardware?
    One of the great advantages of Swing is you just forklift the old databases to the new server, tick 'These databases can be overwritten by a restore' and off you go!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Are those mailboxes user mailboxes on the old server? If so, check whether the user perhaps is still using the old server as the exchange server. Go to the user in AD and then select the "Exchange General" tab, there you see which exchange server the user is using... maybe this helps?

Comment

Some mailboxes were in use on the old server. Problem is solved now!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X