Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Exchange 2003 System Manager

Hi,

I am trying to set up Exchange System Manger so that I can manage my Exchange 2003 server from a different server. I am trying to do this on an Windows 2003 Server, but I am having trouble with this step:

Next, run Exchange Setup, located in the SETUP\I386 folder. On the Component Selection page, set the installation action to Custom, and then select Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools.

I can't locate the Exchange Setup.

Did you installed the default compnents like IIS. The only thing is if you enable IIS on a server with smtp then it becomes a relay server you have to be very careful on that bit. Recommended install in your XP PC.

Comment

Originally posted by ananthproxy
      ...The only thing is if you enable IIS on a server with smtp then it becomes a relay server...
      Huh? If IIS is installed as well as SMTP, which you need to send mail, you'll become a relay. Relay for what? Spam? If that's the case then anyone who has OWA installed is now a relay - for uh Spam. Not likely.

Please clarify.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Setting up Exchange 2003 System Manager

Originally posted by elrond
        I am trying to set up Exchange System Manger so that I can manage my Exchange 2003 server from a different server...Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools...
        The management tools are on the Exchange CD, put the disc in and once it autoruns click "Exchange Deployment Tools" then "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" make sure you have the required services installed for your OS. Scroll to the bottom and click "Run Setup now".
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Setting up Exchange 2003 System Manager

Hi,
          Thank you for the response. I did find it, I was looking for an Exchange CD but the network was setup with Small Business Server 2003.

thanks again,
          nancy

=============
          The management tools are on the Exchange CD, put the disc in and once it autoruns click "Exchange Deployment Tools" then "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" make sure you have the required services installed for your OS. Scroll to the bottom and click "Run Setup now".[/quote]

Comment

Of course you had SBS, I always neglect to take SBS into consideration when answering questions unless its mentioned. It's the red headed stepchild of Windows Servers.
            Andrew

Comment

The "Exchange CD" in SBS is Setup CD 2!
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
              X