Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to track what comes in and out of the server

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I'm not sure what kind of software application that i'm looking for here but i can explain what seems to be my problem.

My server runs on SBS 2003 and is used as a file server. What i would like to be able to do is to be able to track down what new files being saved onto the server. Sometimes I check the free space in the hard drive and realise that the amount of used space has gone up so dramatically. I suppose i need something that can show me which folders that have increased in size so that i know and can decide whether the files are needed to be saved or be chucked away to save up spaces. Is there such sofware application available for SBS 2003?

Thank you in advance

Re: need to track what comes in and out of the server

WinDirStat can give you a break down of folder, file, and file types for everything on the server.

Comment

Re: need to track what comes in and out of the server

The FSRM in SBS R2 can give you many file reports
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X