Network/Internet Speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network/Internet Speed

Hey there, our office recently got the FIOS service from Verizon and we have the 15/15 package. Only issue. The workstations are only getting about 5/5 but when I do a test at the server level it is coming out much faster about 14/12. Is there any settings I can tweak to make our workstations download faster?

Re: Network/Internet Speed

I don't know of any configuration that downgrades/upgrades your network speed. What's the network configuration on the server? Are you running a firewall on the server? How are the XP machines connecting to the server? I would look into those questions first.

Peace.

Comment

Ahh sorry for not explaining it in the first place. I pretty much just have our FIOS router sitting wide open with all ports forwarded to our 'gateway' server which has the firewall and routing and remote access running all that jazz. Then from another ethernet port it goes into our main switch and all the computers get their dhcp, dns, etc from it. So internet in one port - firewalled - then out the other into the local network.
      Last edited by neebski; 18th January 2008, 19:48.

Comment

Does this SBS have one NIC or two?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Gigabit, 100baseT, what?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Two 100 base. FIOS plugged into one local network plugged into the other.

Comment

Hey there. I figgured out what it was. Pretty amature mistake. I had our IP phones pluged in and they had not been updated with the recent settings to they were taking each clients computer down to 10 base T. There wasnt anything wrong after all.

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the "solution"
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                X