Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup Outlook email after creating a new...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup Outlook email after creating a new...

Hi

I have just added some new users to my SBS and they are able to login and use everything correctly but when they open outlook it ask them to set it up.

How do I go about setting this up?

Re: How to setup Outlook email after creating a new...

Launch Outlook on the clients PC
    Select to the option to connect to an Exchange Server (I assume you have set them up as exchange rather than POP3)
    Enter the server and name and User ID
    Click Finish

I'm sure there must be a ton of information about this if you try

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      Launch Outlook on the clients PC
      Select to the option to connect to an Exchange Server (I assume you have set them up as exchange rather than POP3)
      Enter the server and name and User ID
      Click Finish
      I just added the emails we wanted to use during the create new user wizard.

Do I need to add thes email addresses to the server with runs the outlook on it or are they automatically create with the new user wizard?

Comment

A real case of UTFW. Set up a user, should, if you used SBS integrated install, create an Exchange mailbox and a user profile which gets executed the first time you log on. Go in to Server Manager/Manage Client Computers/View Computer Settings and you can see if the server is configured to set up user outlook profile (amongst other things)
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X