No announcement yet.

User data keeps appearing under documents and setting on the SBS 2003 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User data keeps appearing under documents and setting on the SBS 2003 server

Gday all.

We have a SBS 2003 server with 40 users.

Recently noticed that some of the users have data/profile under documents and setting on the server.

If these folders are deleted they "magically" reappear.

Roaming profiles is not set up.
    There is not much info in these user folders. When checked these folders don't ever appear to be in use.

Anyone have any clue?

Cheers

Aaron

Re: User data keeps appearing under documents and setting on the SBS 2003 server

You say that "roaming profiles is not set up". Have you looked in the "Profile" tab of these users' accounts and checked?

Failing that, are they actually logging on to the server using Remote Desktop? That is the normal way in which profiles would appear in that particular location.

If they are, and they're not supposed to, you can disable them from doing so by use of "Local Security Policy - Windows Settings - Security Settings - User Rights... Deny log on locally and Deny logon through terminal services".

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: User data keeps appearing under documents and setting on the SBS 2003 server

And where are their Home Folders set to?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

The users in question are not able to remote desktop in. (They don't have remote rights)

Their home directories are local.

There is no profile path set.

The user data on the server isn't a complete profile there is only ab out 200k of data there. Its really weird.

Cheers

Aaron

Comment

This isnt really causing any problems I just wanted to know why userdata was turning up on the server.

Looks like I will file this under mysteries of windows

Comment

Can you post a screen-shot to show WHAT folders are actually appearing?

Do you have any folder redirection policies set up?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X