Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eventlog SQLDVI errors after Update for Windows Internal Database (KB921896)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventlog SQLDVI errors after Update for Windows Internal Database (KB921896)

Hi guys,

I'm having an isssue with my SBS (again). After running Windows Update and installing WSUS as well (on the same day, so don't know which was first) my eventlog is full of the following errors:

Source: SQLDVI
    Event ID: 1
    Description:
    SQLVDI: Loc=CVDS::Cleanup. Desc=Release(ClientAliveMutex). ErrorCode=(28Attempt to release mutex not owned by caller.
    . Process=3008. Thread=7424. Client. Instance=MICROSOFT##SSEE. VD=.

The event is fired multiple times in a row (last occurance: 16 events) just before (3 seconds) a scheduled back-up job starts. I have several backup jobs scheduled in ntbackup, and tried running them all to see if I could single out the culprit. But all jobs fire that event. And I don't get it, because it seems to be related to the SQL database of sharepoint (Instance=MICROSOFT##SSEE)...

I thought it might help to remove the last update I installed after WSUS (I think) which was Update for Windows Internal Database (KB921896) [This update upgrades Windows Internal Database used by Windows components such as Windows SharePoint Services and Windows Server Update Services. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 921896. ] but I cannot find it in Add and Remove Programs. When I look for installation date specified on the Windows Update site I only have WSUS that's installed on that day.

My sharepoint fires another event as well [The description for Event ID ( 18264 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. ] (been doing that since install) and I thought this would maybe resolve this issue. That's why I installed the update from KB921896.

I looked around on the internet before posting here and found out that there is a hotfix available. So I requested the hotfix, but apparently it only can be installed on SQL servers, and not SQL desktop engines used by sharepoint services sites.

My questions:

Does anyone know how come I cannot find the update in add/remove programs? I'm 100% certain it's not there.
    Is there another way of uninstalling that update?
    What do you guys think of the SQLDVI event? When I try looking for it on google I get like 4 hits...
    Is Sharepoint the thing I should look at? SQL? Or is it NTBackup?
    Aby ideas whatsoever would be very appeciated.

Thnx again,

Lukas
    Last edited by Lukas; 12th January 2008, 23:07. Reason: added details

Re: Eventlog SQLDVI errors after Update for Windows Internal Database (KB921896)

There is a hotfix for this. Let me see if I can dig out the info for you.....
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: Eventlog SQLDVI errors after Update for Windows Internal Database (KB921896)

Thank you Teiger.

Comment

Try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934396/en-us
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks Teiger...

Alas, I requested that hotfix already, downloaded it and when I tried installing it I got the following error message:

No Qualifying Products - This machine does not have a product that matches the installation package.

Apparently this hotfix can only be installed on machines running SQL server 2000 and SQL server 2005, and cannot be installed for SQL desktop engines used by sharepoint services...

Any other ideas?

Thnx anyways;

Lukas
          Last edited by Lukas; 13th January 2008, 15:05. Reason: typos 'n stuff

Comment

Working...
          X