Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OWA access

I installed a fresh SBS2003R2 box.

I can access the default website from outside, but the /exchange directory says page not found.
    From the internal network I can access the default website AND the /exchange dir.

Same story for the /remote directory

Any ideas ?

UPDATE
    When I disbale SSL, it works. But very very slow....
    Last edited by kresten; 12th January 2008, 22:21.

Re: No OWA access

Have you open Port 443 on your router/firewall?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes I did, I even tried DMZ for a few minutes
      No change

could it be a DNS issue? Because I can reach http://mail.domain.be/exchange from outside (when SSL is disbaled) but cannot reach http://mail.domain.be/exchange from inside the network...
      However ip-address/exchange does work inside.

Puh, hard work

Comment

When you set it up, did you do it manually or did you use the Wizard?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Do you mean the server itself or that DNS record?

The server was all setup by using the wizard, which made domain.local of it, it start whining when I proposed to name the domain domain.be when using the wizard.

Comment

Why did you make it domain.be? Remeber this is for AD and not for DNS. There is no connection between AD naming and DNS naming. Or there need not be. In fact to keep the server secure, I name all new servers (SBS or Windows) company.lan to ensure I never expose my internal AD to external DNS. (I use .lan to avoid conflicts with Macs on the network - even if there are none currently).

I know there are those who disagree with my approach, but I know it avoids confusion, saves ego problems if the company gets taken over or takes over another company and DOSE NOT AFFECT the performance of any other parts of the system.
            Now UTFW and run the CEICW to connect to the internet - even with domain.be as your domain. However, if you have an external web site at www.domain.be, you will have to add it as an entry in your DNS to allow your LAN users to get out to your web site.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I've added an DNS zone with domain.be, so now I can access mail.domain.be from within the network. Also mail.domain.be/exchange however only when I disable SSL.
              I have no idea why...

Comment

Can you blow this setup away and start again from scratch, this time using the Wizards and not making customised changes to the Domain Name?

In my extremely limited experience with SBS, I have found manually changing settings gets you to into the poo poo really bad. Steven has said in the past the only thing he changes is .local to .lan and that is for a particular Mac issue (and for possible future company political considerations)

If you install using the Wizards, input the asked for info then everything will work and if your firewall is setup with the appropriate ports opened then outside access works correctly as well, especially SSL and RPC over HTTPS.

Steven, can this be fixed by running DCPROMO to remove the setup and then running it again to add all the required info in again?
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No it can't be fixed by running DCPromo TTBOMK. Not without all the major steps and more that are involved in a Swing Migration. Maybe you can remove all the workstations from the domain, save all the data including Exmerge to .PSTs and then start from scratch - done in a day!
                  TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                  http://www.wintra.co.il/
                  sigpic
                  Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                  X