Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few problems -can you help ?

hello,
    i have a new SBS 2003 +Exchange 2003 and i have a few problems. .. .
    1. i tried to share tasks a calender with another user and it works fine on the outlook at him station but it is not showen on the OWA 2003 ... can it be done on OWA???
    2.i tried to add a few mail boxes to some user and i made all the permissions for it ... and when i tried it on the server ,,,( i configured all the mail box in the server to make it easier to control it when i'm at home ... ) IT WORKS ,,, and i can see the diffrent mailboxs and everything is ok ,,,, BUT when igo to the workstation and try to see the mail boxes ... i can't they wouldn't open ... can anyone help me out ??
    is there a managment tool that can help me with it ... or can you direct me to a manual ... ??
    i hope you can help out

thanks
    OK103

Re: a few problems -can you help ?

I have a problem with the title. Can you put a more meaningful title on your post, so that we can help you better?

I find it difficult to understand what you are asking, but one thing I know is that you DON'T install Outlook on the server. So you need to work from a workstation to attempt what you are doing.
    First of all in Outlook, look under Tools/Options/Delegates and set permissions there.
    Second, for OWA if you have logged in as UserA and want to open the mailbox for UserB you simply use the address \\server\exchange\UserB and it will open - but only if you have the correct permissions.

HTH
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

i made all the right permisions .. and when i open the outllo in the workstation ... i can see the mail box but i can't see the folder content ... .

about the OWA ... i can see the tasks and calender the way to wrote down but .. if i have permisions to make new task for another user... i can't do it on the OWA...
      only on my WorkStation ... or by VPN . right?
      is there a way to control and make task and stuff.. by OWA???

thanks a lot for your help ......

p.s
      why not run Outlook on the server that with all the users profiles.... with this i can access their webmail .. and help them remotly ,,, no ?

thanks again ..
      Ok103

Comment

Originally posted by ok103 View Post
        p.s
        why not run Outlook on the server that with all the users profiles.... with this i can access their webmail .. and help them remotly ,,, no ?

Ok103
        That's why not!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

ok... i got the point .. but please help me i'm posting my post again :

hello,
          i have a new SBS 2003 +Exchange 2003 and i have a few problems. .. .
          1. i tried to share tasks a calender with another user and it works fine on the outlook at him station but it is not showen on the OWA 2003 ... can it be done on OWA???
          2.i tried to add a few mail boxes to some user and i made all the permissions for it ... and when i tried it on the server ,,,( i configured all the mail box in the server to make it easier to control it when i'm at home ... ) IT WORKS ,,, and i can see the diffrent mailboxs and everything is ok ,,,, BUT when igo to the workstation and try to see the mail boxes ... i can't they wouldn't open ... can anyone help me out ??
          is there a managment tool that can help me with it ... or can you direct me to a manual ... ??
          i hope you can help out

thanks alot
          Ok103

Comment

Working...
          X