lsass emory alert and general memory alerts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsass emory alert and general memory alerts

I'm running SBS2003 R2 and have been for about 6 months now, over the past month or so I've been getting two seperate emails in my server reports quite frequently (multiple times a day).

They are:
    Alert on SBSSVR at 12/14/2007 1:07:53 AM

The lsass.exe process is allocating more memory than usual.

Use Task Manager to view the top processes by CPU or memory usage. If a service or process appears to be using an unusual amount of resources, try stopping and then restarting it.

You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad.
    and
    Alert on SBSSVR at 12/27/2007 6:57:40 PM

A large amount of memory is committed to applications and processes. Consistently high memory usage can cause performance problems.

To determine which processes and applications are using the most memory, use Task Manager. Monitor the activity of these resources over a few days. If they continue to use a high level of memory and are less critical processes or services, try stopping and then restarting them.

You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad.
    The server is a dual dual core Xeons (2.13GHz) with 2GB RAM. Any particular reason for this message all of a sudden with no real changes? I'm reluctant to just drop more memory in there (although I've got it sat waiting) to fix the problem because that's avoiding the root cause.

Any clues?

Re: lsass emory alert and general memory alerts

Hi,

lsass.exe is used by number of processes so first of all we need to determine that which process is using the high amount of CPU.

Use psservice.exe that is the part of pstools:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896649.aspx

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Re: lsass emory alert and general memory alerts

This may be worth a look. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=20206 Especially note Stevens' reference to the Susan Bradley blog.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X