Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exchange users cannot access to mails and folders maybe norton prob??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange users cannot access to mails and folders maybe norton prob??

HI.
    i have a server with sbs 2003 on it and few clients.

3 days ago they complain that they cann't reach thier mailbox.
    The internet is working.

i went there for checking.
    i noticed that symantech anti virus corp is not valid anymore and no updates can be recive.

the server can ping the client but the clients cannot ping server.
    all clients have win xp.
    the network consist of checkpoint sbox and a switch that i'v already tried to dissconnect from the power for a minute and connect back.
    i also restart the server few times.
    I uninstall norton but still the problem remains, i tried to find the removaltool from symantech to server corp edition but couldn't.
    is norton really my problem? or somthin else?
    Thanx
    Asi
    MCP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003

Re: exchange users cannot access to mails and folders maybe norton prob??

So the clients and the server have network connectivity except to each other, right? Have you checked to see if Windows Firewall is turned on? Also, you should be able to manually uninstall Symantec AV from each computer by using the uninstall password of "symantec", without the quotes of course.

Comment

Thanx every one it was dst issue.

i can't explain the solution beacuse an expert helped me and it was to complicated to rememnber.

Thanx any way
      MCP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003

Comment

Thanks for trying to share!
        dst=daylight savings time?
        If so, then your clocks weren't synchronised and therefore you were not correctly authenticated to the server.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X