Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symantec Endpoint Security 11D installed

Hi,

I have a Small Business Server running as File / Print, DNS, DHCP server & as an AD. However, when i installed Symantec Endpoint Security 11d to it, my client systems that are connected to the AD got 'HUNG' - Unable to access all network drives but still able to have internet connection. Check on the settings if Symantec software, tried disabling the network access scan but the problem still occurs the next day after the users have logged in to the server.

Kindly advise what could be the cause of it? Thanks.

Re: Symantec Endpoint Security 11D installed

What happens when you ping the server from a client? Don't know endpoint but the starting point would be looking for a firewall blocking things. Internet will work because they are going direct to the Default Gateway.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Although an old post I thought I'd respond anyway.

SEP11 (bad choice of name/initials) also installs a firewall which probably blocks everything. Try adjusting the policy to not ditribute the firewall.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Did you disable the network scan setting for the clients and the server and reset the settings (propagate to all clients) or did you only temporarily turn off the network scan?

Comment

I have been running SEP 11d on my test machine for three weeks now, and got no performance issues, nor had to open or disable anything on the firewall.
          Initially I tried to install on the server that has RADIUS server installed, but was not able to do that, because RADIUS sever uses same port 1812 that is also used by Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
          Check resources on your SBS server when that happens next time. Also did you pushed out the new client to workstations, or they still running the legacy ones?
          Regards,
          John

Comment

And remember that you are probably going to need 4Gb of RAM on your SBS to run SEP 11. OK Symantec say 2Gig but we all know when the big yellow or the big blue say 'x' they really mean '2x' for it to work well/satisfactorily.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Looks like issue is wide enough in scope that the Official SBS blog published a post (today 01/30/0 about it.
              "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've saidĒ - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
              X