No announcement yet.

Insufficient system resources

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insufficient system resources

Lately some workstations in some of the networks I am supporting are crashing with a problem of:
    Insufficient system resources
    This is the exact massage:

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. "
    Happened while starting this command:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe -Embedding

This is only happening in network that have Windows server 2003 SBS
    Is it happening to anybody else?
    Is their a solution?

Re: Insufficient system resources

Unable to make much out of it. You need to be more descriptive.

When you mean crash what it is? Is it blue dump or what?

Does it happen always when you run the command or how frequent it is?

Any error in event viwer specific to this..........

Kapil Sharma
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Are all systems up to date with the latest patches etc?

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

How about page file?

I got that kind of messages when there was no free space on the hdd where page file was.
        ..:: jumanji

I get this error message occasionally now, but I was getting it in a real bad way for a while.

We are running SBS2003 with 75Cals installed, I have over 120 workstations 5 other 2003 Servers and almost 20 networked printers so I am exceeding the Cals a tiny bit. I think that we were getting that error message due to the licensing being all used up.

One of my engineers was getting whacked 5-6 times a day running Solidworks, I could not figure it out for weeks, finally one of the programmers said why don't you map a drive and see if that helps. PROBLEM SOLVED!!

The engineer was going through a network neighborhood favorites link every time he went to a one of the file servers open and close Solidworks models, mapping a drive was like magic problem solved.

BTW we have purchased the transition pack and will be doing that ASAP.