Unable to increase storage group limit over 16GB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to increase storage group limit over 16GB

I have SBS 2003 sp2 and I have a problem increasing the storage limits in Exchange over 16GB after installing Exchange 2003 SP2. I have changed the registry setting as per Microsoft to increase the mailbox stores to 74GB but when the store is mounted I receive this message:

The exchange store '16384' is limited to First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (servername) GB. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is %3 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (servername) GB, the database will be dismounted on a regular basis.

The message looks to be mixed up with the store size and server name the wrong way round. I have reapplied the service pack as well as removing the registry settings and then entering them again but the store is still limited to 16GB. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Re: Unable to increase storage group limit over 16GB

Did you set the size to 74GB ? if so try a lower size.
    Makes sure you have enough space on the drive for the new database size.
    Did you capitalize the the words you added to the registry as in the microsoft article? I dont know if this matters, but I've always done this when upping the DB size.

I take it you do have Service pack 1 for small business server installed.

Thats all I can think of for the moment.

Comment

Re: Unable to increase storage group limit over 16GB

Thanks for your suggestions John, but I solved the problem by manually stopping all Exchange services then reapplying Exchange SP2 again. When the store restarted the limit has increased as it should.

Comment

Working...
      X