No announcement yet.

System State backup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System State backup

Hi ,

We are using a SBS 2000 , a domain structure is get implemented in my network . Now the thing is i need to give all users full permission to install some softwares as and when required , so sometimes users installing some softwares and after that so many problems starts like some times windows 2000 professional is got crash also even ,.so i just want to configure a regular system state backup should be taken automatically so that if some even it got happen i can directly restore that point .It would be a fast and easy solution ,. We are using w2kproffesional in all desktop machines ...

I can make a schedule as with ntbackup utility but every time i need to put the default data.bkf file in place where i need to take the backup ...any third party free ware utility will also be a greatly appreciable.

Re: System State backup

I regularly schedule a system state (only) backup to disk in the middle of the day, outside of the normal backup slot.
    I don't understand the problem you are having with its location, sorry.

The fact that it is backed up to disk is a bonus, as it is then backed up with the regular nightly backup as an "extra" system state along with the nightly system state.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.