Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs2003 unable to connect with RD from wan

Hello,

Can someone help around this annoyance: I can't connect to server sbs2003 from wan side with rd(mstsc.exe)! I can do it normaly in lan area.
    The solution for now is that I restart server. But it only works for few days(2-5)!

On day lavel there is around 15 RD sessions.

Where should I look first?

For now I also changed router, but no change!

Regards,
    Kiel

Re: sbs2003 unable to connect with RD from wan

Originally posted by kiel View Post
    Hello,

The solution for now is that I restart server. But it only works for few days(2-5)! HUH?

On day lavel there is around 15 RD sessions. ENGLISH PLEASE!

Where should I look first? UTFW

For now I also changed router, but no change!

Regards,
    Kiel
    UTFW = connect to internet wizard. Did you run it? Did you allow access to terminal services? Is port 3389 open on your router? Did you look at log files etc.?
    You would be better off and more secure trying to run RWW (Remote Web Workplace) to access your SBS. For that you need ports 443 and 4125 open on your router. Then you simply use your browser to reach your external domain name<FQDN>/remote - eg mail.company.com/remote
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: sbs2003 unable to connect with RD from wan

Yes. I run it(connect to internet wizard).
      I allowed access to terminal server by butting user in member of remote desktop user.
      Port is open.
      I look at log files, but I'm not shure for what i'm looking for!

I also changed in RDP-tcp properties | Connctions | Sessions | End a dissconected session to 5 minutes. Active session limit is Never. Idle session limit is Never.
      Also changed When session limit is reached or connection is broken to dissconect from session. Should End session be better?

It is strange since I can allways connect in local area network, but after few days stops to work over wan area and for now I can only do restart!

Kiel

Comment

Working...
      X