Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to install every SBS App & Service [was: Some doubts]

hi,
    If I use SBS, do I need to run all services like exchange , dns , dhcp etc on one box. I am trying to find solution. My clients are prefering to deploy SBS solution because they do not want to perchase terminal and exchange server seperatly. My concern is if I put all those services in one box it would be problem. It would slow down machine as well as very hard to recover in case of failure. Is any one here provide SBS solutions. How do you guys seperate DNS, DHCP and exchange role. I am concern about lisence issues. What I think if I buy one SBS server. Only one computer I can run using SBS. Before that I used to host dns, Dhcp, DC or exchange services on seperate machines. But solution with SBS would stick me to one.
    Any help related to this issue would be appreciating.
    Regards

Re: Some doubts

ahmer_sahab ,

Please change the title of your thread to something more descriptive before an admin see's it.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Some doubts

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      ahmer_sahab ,

Please change the title of your thread to something more descriptive before an admin see's it.

Michael

Toooooooooooooooo late.

130+ posts and that is the best title you can come up with knowing what the rules are. I suggest it gets left like that as that title is going to attract fewer comments than something with a more descriptive title. Of that I have no doubts.

Ahmer if you are unable to change the title yourself, suitable grovelling may work.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

SBS services

Hi,
        I am sorry for the title. I was in very rush that day. I am trying to change the title now but i m not getting how to do it.
        Any help regarding changing the title and my SBS issue would be appreciating
        Regards

Comment

Re: Do I need to install every SBS App & Service [was: Some doubts]

Thanks, you got the title changed somehow.
          Now what was the question again?
          Oh yes! No you don't need to run everything but then what did you buy SBS for? You are much better running everything and SBS is designed to RUN on one box - providing it is a suitable box. For example, don't try to run the Internet connection wizard without the DHCP service and your login may be slow if your DNS isn't pointing to your SBS (AD) server.
          In short, install SBS with its integrated setup AS INTENDED. then UTFW to configure printers, computers, users etc. The wizards configure SBS to its safest configuration.
          If you are not sure, get an experienced SBSer or SBSC to help you. Do it the "enterprise" way and you may end up in an unsupported configuration.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X