Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install SBS 2003 by network share?

Hi,

I have set my own task but i can't find any info on google.

Is there anyway to install SBS 2003 by a network share without SBS asking for the disk at setup

Thanks

Andy Sullman

Re: install SBS 2003 by network share?

Every media/disc set of SBS usually also comes on a DVD which you could put on a network share with the same disc/directory/file structure. But you would need to boot off Windows 2003 server or such like to make sure you had all your drivers and disk partitions etc setup correctly and ensure you had access to the DVD share. I don't really see the advantage in doing this.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
      Every media/disc set of SBS usually also comes on a DVD which you could put on a network share with the same disc/directory/file structure. But you would need to boot off Windows 2003 server or such like to make sure you had all your drivers and disk partitions etc setup correctly and ensure you had access to the DVD share. I don't really see the advantage in doing this.
      Hi,

The reason why I asked is because I am saving up for a second SBS Server.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Since you will be buying an additional SBS license, why not use the current media set or the new one you will probably get?

You know that you can only have one SBS in a domain?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X