Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2000 Server Rebuild?

Hello,

I've got a Windows 2000 SBS server which is in need of a rebuild, as firstly when the server was installed I didnít know much about Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000, but Iíve managed to get the system running fine, to a point!!!

What Iím going to do is upgrade the hardware on the system to RAID 5 from Mirrored IDE add an addition processor and extra memory.

Iíve read a few threads including THIS one, but most of them are migrating to a new server, so the process seems easier. How can I keep the existing USERS, GROUPS, PROFILES, FILES and MAILBOXES from the old installation, while installing a fresh install of Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 on the same server?

Any help or tips would be great

Thanks

Nige
    [/url]

Perhaps...

If you can get another machine, first do the clean install as an additional DC, use the DB duplicator features to copy all profiles/mailboxes/etc info to the new machine and then use dcpromo to make the new machine the main DC.

Hans

Comment

The BEST info can be found at www.sbsmigration.com by fellow MVP Jeff Middleton.
      True it's a commercial product, but it is a complete service for the cost of a PSS call - which you may well need by trying other methods!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X