Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues accessing RWW SBS 2003 from Cingular/ATT wireless broadband card

Hello all,

I recently setup an SBS server for my business and everything so far works wonderfully. I am having a issue with accessing RWW when using a Cingular/ATT broadband card when I'm on the road. I can access it fine from anywhere else just fine. When I am connected with the card I am able to to hit my server view my site pretty much every function of SBS 2003 I can do accpet when I go to RWW I get prompted to logon which works fine, the issue is when I got to connect to my remote desktop I get the error message "VBscript: Remote desktop disconnected.. The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer..". Keep in mind I can connect when on a regular ISP ie. Earthlink. It is my thought that a port is being blocked on Cingulars side but Im not exactly sure what port it is. All the proper ports on my SBS Server have been opened. I actually wiped my router config and reopened everything at least 5 times. Im at my wits end with this I've google the heck out this issue and cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Issues accessing RWW SBS 2003 from Cingular/ATT wireless broadband card

Accessing those ports on wireless cards is hit or miss for most cellular carierrs. One tip that sometimes works is have them remove you from VPNing to ATT. I am not 100% sure what that entails but if you get a good CSR at ATT they can walk you through it. (some CSR's call it proxying )

The reason that it fails BTW is that ATT data is highly compressed and opening a VPN (which is kinda what RWW does) will be corrupt with this compression.

YMWV

EDIT: This is for the US, not sure where you are.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
    X