SBS2003R2SP2 GPO Printers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003R2SP2 GPO Printers

Is it just me, or does SP2/R2 on SBS2003 not include the GPO upgrade for GPO printer deployment that vanilla 2003 SP2/R2 offers?

Re: SBS2003R2SP2 GPO Printers

Have you installed the Print Management Component and the Active Directory schema has been upgraded to R2?

Add/Remove Programs>Windows Components>Management and Monitoring Tools
    Last edited by themanwhowouldbeking; 17th September 2007, 08:38.
    MCSA 2000/2003

Comment

Well I've installed the complete set of things from the CDs (I think) and the print management component isn't listed in the management and monitoring tools section...
      Is there a way of checking what version of the AD schema I am on and if the technologies have actually been installed?

Comment

Have you completed the R2 install with the 2nd CD provided? If so the Print Management Component should be installed and available from Add/Remove Components.

To install R2 schema run the following from the 2nd CD provided.

<CD LETTER>\CMPNENTS\R2\ADPREP\ADPREP.EXE /forestprep
        MCSA 2000/2003

Comment

There's no ADPREP folder in the R2 folder on my SBS R2 disc!

Any ideas?

Comment

Fire up the Add/Remove Programs from ControlPanel and check what is there under Add Windows Components
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

This is what I'm offered - and in the R2 technologies disk that follows disk 4 in my SBS2003R2 media kit, there is no ADPREP folder in the CMPNENTS folder on this R2 disc...
              I've installed all the discs, all the bits and pieces, and the folder management option suggests I have R2 set up, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Any ideas would be warmly welcomed!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X