Server keeps shutting down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server keeps shutting down

My server intermittently shuts down and does not power back on. When I checked the log here's the error I'm getting:

EVENT ID: 1011

"Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server have been detected in your domain. To prevent this computer from shutting down in the future, you must remove all but one of these from the domain."

I did verify that I only have 1 domain controller in this computer...

Can someone please point me to the right direction? What's the first thing I need to look at?

Thanks for your time!

~ Jon
    Last edited by jonxblaze; 10th September 2007, 16:39.

Re: Server keeps shutting down

How many SBS servers are you running? If there is more than 1, what domain is each server in?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Only running 1 SBS server. I was doing some more research online and on one of the forums it talked about if your security logs are full that may also cause the shut down. Can you verify that information?

Comment

A full Security log can shut the system down if it is configured that way, but the Error log will say it is because the Security log is full

Comment

then once again we're back to our old friends DNS and WINS. Check for duplicate records with different IP addresses, check for computer accounts not properly deleted, etc etc etc.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Reported for movement...

The message is really telling you that there is a another sbs server in the domain.
            Are you really sure this is the only one??
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Moved to SBS forum
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X