No announcement yet.

Anti Spyware

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Spyware

wonder if there is a free anti-spyware for windows SBS 2003 SP2 standard version.

Thank you in advance

Re: Anti Spyware

I believe that Windows Defender is free.

The question is why do you need anti-spyware on your server. You should NEVER be using your server for surfing anyway. The occasional Driver download, and of course, updates if you are without WSUS, but general surfing?
      So review your policies to understand how you got spyware in the first place!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Thank you, Teiger and Joeqwerty for your replies.

Teiger, you're right. I agreed with you. However, since the main purpose of the file-server is to store all files/documents from all our staffs. My concern is that some of the files might contain some spywares on them. Of course, this can be detected if they diligently run the anti-spyware on their own laptops. I guess i'm just thinking of the worst scenario here. I don't allow anyone to use the server for the internet surfing purpose. It's just to do with my concern. That's all.

Thank you for the link, Joeqwerty.

Thank you