No announcement yet.

Moving from a POP3 Connector to SMTP Connector.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from a POP3 Connector to SMTP Connector.

I am administering an SBS Exchange 2000 Server (Exchange v6.0 Build6249.4: SP3) and currently we pull down new email from an ISP by means of a POP3 connector.

I would like to decomission the POP3 connector so I can submit our MX records to our ISP and get the ISP to forward all SMTP traffic to our Exchange IP Address

Could I ask for assistance in configuring the SMTP connector to be able to send and receive email before getting the MX records changed at the ISP?

That is, does the current SMTP connector (See attached image) handle both incoming and outgoing Port25 traffic and thus when the POP3 connector is disable by the ISP changing the forwarding it becomes redundant?

OR do I have to create a further SMTP connector to handle incoming SMTP traffic?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Click image for larger version

Name:	ExchangeSysManager.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	467780

Re: Moving from a POP3 Connector to SMTP Connector.

UTFW - and voila, it is all done for you.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Re: Moving from a POP3 Connector to SMTP Connector.

That'll be the Configure E-Mail and Internet Connection Wizard, also affectionately known as the "CEICW".

Have a look at and note figure 13.
      Best wishes,
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008