Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is working on SBS 2003?

Hello,

We have a Small Business Server 2003 R2 on which remote users can work at evenings thru RWW (TCP 443&4125).
    Is there a utility, program or a way to see which remote users are connected (online) thru RWW to their workstations at a given time?
    Sometimes we want to do some adjustments to the server which requires a re-start and at that time we cannot see which users are online..

With best regards,

Victor

Re: Who is working on SBS 2003?

Terminal Services Manager should show them
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello Tom,

Thnx for the reply but in the terminal services manager I only see my collegue administrators, in other words only those who actually are working on the server.

What I like to see are the users which are connected and working on their workstations instead of the server. The users are connecting thru HTTPS (webbrowser) to the internal Company webserver using TSWeb and then picking their workstation out of the list of workstations... just like Small Business Server is configured 'out-of-the-box'

With best regards,

Victor

Comment

This is a good question and has been the subject of 3rd party utilities.
        You may want to check open files in the server management section, though I am not sure if RWW workers show up in here - I know for a fact that OWA connections don't!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hello Steven,

I think it is the only way to see some activity on the corporate network but I cannot see who en where only that someone is online..
          In this way I cannot send the user(s) which are online a message that the server will be down for maintenance in a few minutes..

Thanks anyway for the reply,

Victor

Comment

How about netstat and checking for the ports that RWW uses..
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've saidĒ - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
            X