No announcement yet.

Memory Allocation Alerts

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Allocation Alerts

I'm using Win2003 SBS running Exchange Server with 2GB of RAM and every day I receive allocated memory alerts from the monitoring service like this: "A large amount of memory is committed to applications and processes. Consistently high memory usage can cause performance problems." The main memory hogs are the Exchange server and SQL databases for Backup Exec and Monitoring. I tried setting the memory limit for the SQL Server (as stated here) but it didn't work, I also tried putting a few switches in boot.ini as stated in another thread but it also didn't work.
    Does anybody know of a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Memory Allocation Alerts

I have the perfect solution! Unless you know of any actual harm done when the alert occurs - IGNORE IT!
    If you have taken the steps outlined in the blog, and are absolutely sure that your server is otherwise working as it should you either ignore it, up the limits in monitoring above what it states are the max values, and/or add more memory - which is unlikely to actually help, since it will just get consumed anyway.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.