Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP is not working

Hi All ,

We are having the SBS 2000 . Now the scenario is like this...

Server is having the two lan cards ,

1st lan card IP 192.168.111.x ( Used for the local LAN )

2nd lan card IP x.x.x.x ( Live IP ) ( Used for the Internet connectivity )

Exchange 2000 is installed.

Now when i am trying to send receive mail with IMAP account i am not able to send mails ...i am able to receive the mails..

The Incoming and outgoing add is server's Live IP ( x.x.x.x) ,

If i am putting local ip in place of incoming and out going add its working fine ...

earlier this was working very fine ..suddenly this happens after restart ..so what could be the issue ...and how can i resolve it ...

Peter.

Re: IMAP is not working

Is the IMAP4 service running (services.msc) ? Try to start it. Check the event logs.
    It should not be able to use the external IP from when you are in the LAN, IIRC.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi ,

My IMAP service is running properly , and i tried it also when i was at our side my office, one morething i have noticed is if i am at LAN and if i am giving my internal IP Lacal Exchange server's IP in IMAP account then its working fine . gives no issue but when i am giving live IP of Exchange its not responding ...

How can i resolve this ...please guide me ...

John

Comment

Maybe a firewall is blocking port 143?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi ,

I have checked it , but its not blocking !!

I have check that option , there are 3 options All unassigned , local IP , Live IP...When i select local IP its taking smoothly but if suppose i am selecting live ip or all unassigned IP then its giving me a error " Binding is not unique ". THis means my live ip is bindinf with some another service ...how can i check it out , is this problem is because of this...

When i am sending a mail through live ip via IMAP its giving me a error :

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'x.x.x.x ( Live IP)', Server: '192.168.111.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have checked from another live server with telnet x.x.x.x ( Live IP ) to connect and send mails , its working fine ...and my server is also not an open relay ...

Please help ...

Peter .

Comment

Working...
          X