Calendar-Contact link broken when importing .pst to SBS2003 mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar-Contact link broken when importing .pst to SBS2003 mailbox

I am converting a 10-user peer-to-peer using local Outlook 2003 .pst to a SBS 2003 R2 domain with Exchange mailboxes. I use the Outlook File > Import and Export wizard on the workstation to import Outlook .pst data into their Exchange mailbox.

The import works and I can successfully open the user's Calendar and click on the Contact link to bring up the client info. BUT, if I exit and re-launch Outlook, the Contact link is broken and I receive an error (see photo).

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Calendar-Contact link broken when importing .pst to SBS2003 mailbox

Some additional information:

If I click on the Contacts button at the bottom of the Calendar item, I can manually re-establish the link. The link will continue to work on that PC if I exit and re-launch Outlook. However, if I log into another workstation (roaming profile) and click on the same Contact link I just re-established, I get an error.

Shouldn't the Calendar-Contact link information be stored entirely in the Exchange database? Is using the File > Import feature in Outlook the correct way to be importing the user's data from .pst into their Exchange mailbox. Should I be using something like ExMerge instead?

Comment

Re: Calendar-Contact link broken when importing .pst to SBS2003 mailbox

AFAIK you can't retain those links from .pst to Exchange and there is nor real difference between using import/export in Outlook and Exmerge with Exchange.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X