No announcement yet.

Outlook and Exchange - Same SBS Machine

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook and Exchange - Same SBS Machine

Hi everyone,

im in the process of setting up enterprise vault 7.0 from symantec. One of the requirements is to have Outlook installed on the same machine as Exchange. I know that i have to perform DLL/COM Redirection but i was wondering if anyone could give me some detailed steps as the ones on MSDN are not great!

Thanks in advance

Re: Outlook and Exchange - Same SBS Machine

OK if you really look hard in the MSDE notes ( i found the answer!

All you have to do is navigate to where Outlook.exe is and create an empty file called OUTLOOK.EXE.LOCAL

this seems to fix outlooks problem but now exchange is comming up with errors and all the microsoft KB says is this !

Now im really needing an answer or some help!!!!

Last edited by Pulsen; 23rd July 2007, 07:13.

And what does that KB say? Unsupported! That doesn't mean it doesn't work. Under certain circumstances, it does, but otherwise you are on your own. Sorry

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Your right Teiger. Enterprise Vault cant be on the same machine. It has to be on a seperate machine with only System Manager installed.

This option of having two servers for some clients is not feisable. Does anyone know of any other good quality email archiving programs which provide stubbing?