Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore using System State

Hi
    I was trying to restore my SBS 2003 using System State, after that my server didnít boot up.
    Is that able to restore my AD using System restore? (In same hardware)
    How can I restore using system state? Should I make domain first (like previously) before I restore sustem state?

Pls help me
    Thanks

Re: Restore using System State

Install Windows 2003 (CD1) from SBS.
    Stop the integrated install after CD1 and check your drivers and your disk partitions. Currently you have Win 2003 server without domain.
    Now restore your system state and reboot. You should now have a Domain Controller with your previous AD.
    Continue to install the rest of SBS and get it up to date with SPs and patches.
    Restore the rest of your data!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks your Reply
      I tried same thing. But I cant boot up. it can come to windows logo and restart immediately. also I didn't remove all partition and just formatted C drive.
      After That, I repaired windows using Installation CD (in blue Screen, After press F8 and press R). But Still same problem I am getting.

Thanks
      Lasantha
      Last edited by Lasanthajn; 23rd July 2007, 10:34.

Comment

You formatted the C drive as in you removed/deleted the C Partition on your SBS server (but left the other partitions alone)? Is that correct?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Also check that the C partition you now have is active - I just got bitten by that one. For some reason, the partition tool did not create the boot/system partition as active.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X