Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a domain to exchange server 2003

Hello !

I made a server SBS 2003 for my client and put a domain name for the server localy what they should have, then they register another domain name and now i need to add that so the mail can start work from outside.
    So how can i add a domain in the server so they can get e-mail from the domain on outside what i have pointed to their server ?

Regards

coachlatvia

Re: Add a domain to exchange server 2003

Basically its two steps:

1) Make sure the DNS MX records for the domain point to your external IP address. This will need to be done with the company which hosts your domain DNS servers

2) Add a recipient policy in Exchange System Manager to handle the new domain, including generating email addresses for recipients

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Basically its two steps:

2) Add a recipient policy in Exchange System Manager to handle the new domain, including generating email addresses for recipients

Tom
      This is not necessary; this is SBS; UTFW
      The CEICW will ask you about the external domain name for you and create the appropriate policy. Unless the OP is asking about a SECOND external e-mail domain, in which case http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319201 will help with that recipient policy.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Oops -- forgot it was SBS!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

So awa ye gaw an' beil yer heid
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X