Group Policy/Domain Controller Policy Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy/Domain Controller Policy Issues

Im running Windows 2003 SBS and I have a bunch of Windows XP Pro Workstations.

What Im trying to do is give a few users access to their A:\ Drive and CD Rom Drive.

I've looked around in my Group Policy settings and in My Domain Controller Policy Settings. The closest thing I Found regarding device policys were the ones in Domain Controller security policy but those policys were for Restricting access to the A:\ and CD rom Drive to Locally logged on users. I tried disabling those policys anyway but still no access to the A:\ or CD Rom Drive.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction regarding this issue.

Edit

Just Noticed I posted in the wrong section since my issue's regarding SBS 2003
    Sorry but could someone move this thread, thanks
    Last edited by Hoanger; 9th July 2007, 22:09.

Re: Group Policy/Domain Controller Policy Issues

Originally posted by Hoanger
    Just Noticed I posted in the wrong section since my issue's regarding SBS 2003
    Sorry but could someone move this thread, thanks
    When you ask like that, no problem at all.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just alittle update, Found what I needed in group policy manager. Case Solved after many hours of searching

Comment

Just for completeness, could you post your solution for everyone's benefit!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Sure,

First you have to get to your Group Policy Management MMC

Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Group Policy Management

From there I had to look for the group policy that was restricting access to the drives. Im not sure if the Group Policy Root Account is the default one but thats the one I had to Edit.

The Policys I was looking for were under

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer

In the Windows Explorer Folder I had to change these settings

-Hide These Specified Drives in My Computer
          -Prevent Access to Drives from My Computer
          Last edited by Hoanger; 12th July 2007, 19:08.

Comment

Reputation points added for sharing your solution!
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X