No announcement yet.

SBS CALs License File

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS CALs License File

Looked at license file this morning on SBS server - only shows the basic 5 CALS. All others have "disappeared". I remember taking the option to backup the licence file but didn't document where to. can someone tell me the name of the file/folder where the SBS licence info is stored and also the default name of the license file backup?

Re: SBS CALs License File

See if this helps.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Thanks for suggesting it but I went down the standard micrsoft website path. A support engineer apparently made a copy of the files using the original name(s) - he can't be contacted for another 2 weeks - if I knew the names of the files I can search the network and restore or replace what is there.

Also visited, turned off license logging, copied and renamed and and turned license logging on again - still only the 5 CALs.

This is the error -
      Event ID 201
      Event Type: Error
      Event Source: LicenseService
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 201
      Computer: ServerName
      Description: No license was available for user domainname\username using product FilePrint . Use Licensing from the Administrative Tools folder to ensure that you have sufficient licenses. For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Does anyone know the name of the SBS 2003 CALs license file(s)?

It is what ever your (or the other person) called it! It doesn't jave a specific name!!!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.