No announcement yet.

synchronize offline files

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synchronize offline files

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I'm not sure if i said this right. I think SBS 2003 does support synchronizing offline files and this is true if the workstations or laptops are in the server domain. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

My problem here is that some of the laptops here in the office are NOT joined to the server domain (joined to WORKGROUP) and it'd be very hard to perform the synchronizing on the server. Some staff prefer to work outside the office, probably at home. What we would like to do is when they come in the next morning, plug their computers to the network and they expect that their works at home are synchronized and therefore they can work on the most updated files without having to remember to copy the files and paste onto the shared folder on the server SBS 2003.

wonder if there's a way of resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance

Re: synchronize offline files

Join them to the domain, if possible.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.