Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force user logoff for backup purposes

Hello,

I was wandering if I can 'force' users to logoff at a certain time for backup purposes using a GPO or something in a SBS 2003 SP2 domain?
    Also it should force logoff those workstations on which the user forgot to logoff by leaving the building...

Greetings,

Victor

Re: Force user logoff for backup purposes

On any W2K3 server you can create logon hours and force logoff whenever hours expire by GPO. However, you usually find that a little difficult to implement when workers connect from home or travel to different time zones and use RWW.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the reply... we have RWW users within the same timezone and they know they have to logout before certain time but they sometimes 'forget' this...
      is this option you gave the best in this case?

Victor

Comment

I would actually wonder why you need users to log off for backup when Volume Shadow Copy is enabled and allows active files to be backed up properly.

Jeffrey B. Kane
        TechSoEasy
        San Fancisco, CA

Comment

Working...
        X