Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add WSUS to Server Management

Hi everyone,

recently we install a new SBS 2003 R2, with SP1, it came with WSUS & it's very easy to mange updates with in Server Management console,
    we install WSUS at one of the older SBS 2003 server, but it did not add it self to Server Management, is there anyway we can add it to Server Management console ?

thank you for your help.
    Attached Files

Re: How to add WSUS to Server Management

We have SBS 2003 standard and I haven't found a way yet. We are using WSUS3 now and that uses an MMC Snap-in.

Comment

I haven't used SBS in awhile but IIRC there's an XML file that controls that list. I'll load up my virtual server and have a look for it. Editing the file and adding a reference should add it.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
        I haven't used SBS in awhile but IIRC there's an XML file that controls that list. I'll load up my virtual server and have a look for it. Editing the file and adding a reference should add it.
        tnx, just a note, they only add wsus snap-in with SBS2003 R2 SP1, earlier versions does not have wsus snap in.

Comment

Working...
        X