No announcement yet.

SBS 2003 Repair

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 Repair

Hi All,

We recently did a repair on our SBS 2003 Premium RC2 installation under a test environment.

After the repair, it loads into windows, where it tries to continue the setup. This is where the problem lies. During the requirement check, two problems are found.

1. It prompts me that a network adapter must be installed (which is fine.)

2. I get the following error " You must be a member of the Domain Admins, Schema Admins and Enterprise Admins groups."

I looked up the server management console and found that none of the AD accounts are listed under the USERS.

I then checked the AD and found that SBS has moved the users from the 'Domain\MyBusiness\Users\SBSUsers ' to the 'Domain\Users' container.

Is this my problem ? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ?

Thanks !

Re: SBS 2003 Repair

The users are not in the Users Container because of precisely that - it is a container, not an OU. And since SBS defines Group Policies applied to OU's, it has them in the SBS/Users OU.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.