Shared Folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Folders

I have got a folder on the server shared for every client called "Company Drive". Inside the folder there is a folder called "Employment" Is there a way to control an access to the "Emplyment" folder using some third party software over a network. I mean user : password. My boss is really stubborn I does not want me to touch the structure of the "Company Folder".

Thanks!

Re: Shared Folders

If you are asking this question, I really believe you need a professional to help you. Find one in your area, or post back and maybe we can help you find someone in your area/ or to provide remote support.
    I do not mean this as a slight on your ability in anyway - we were all there once, but we got help from professionals on the way, to help us up the curve.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I had to do the same thing , but the shared folder was on an external drive and had software installed to control it , folder\users management, maybe you can find software to install to control your folders.
      Playing with the permission's and such could be a pain in the a55 and could cause problems if you don't know exactly what to do.

Comment

Royski

Please check the date before you drag up an old post - I don't believe this post was still 'live' until you resurrected it.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X