can not join computers to SBS2003 domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not join computers to SBS2003 domain

I have server with 2 NICs. NICs belong to different networks.
    While it was in testing stage, it worked on network #1 (192.168.10.0/24) and it worked all right. I was able to add computers to domain, and all services were working well.
    Then I switched it to network #2 (10.10.10.0/24) and suddenly, I can not add computers to domain any more.
    I corrected DNS entries and DNS server works properly.
    However, IIS is a bit fishy. Though the service is running, all web sites are stopped. While the server was in testing stage (on network #1) IIS was “listening” on NIC #1. After the transfer to network #2, I changed this settings and my IIS was listening on NIC #2. Then I restarted IIS. (I also tried with “any available” but with no success…)
    Nevertheless, web sites remained stopped.

Since web sites do not run, I understand why I can not add computer to the domain from Internet Explorer (http://server/ConnectComputer ...)
    What bothers me most is the fact that I can not join computers to the domain through the normal procedure as well (like in Windows 2003 standard edition). When I try this, I get respond that some SRV record is missing in DNS…

Any suggestions ?

thanx

danac
    BL

Re: can not join computers to SBS2003 domain

Did you UTFW? Change Server IP Address Wizard.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

oooops!!!

there is a wizard for this???

i'll give it a try for sure! thanx for the tip.

will keep you informed of results

danac
      BL

Comment

sorry for the long waiting...

TFW did the job. After i Used it, IIS started to work normaly and i succeded to join workstations to the domain.

thanks for the tip.

danac
        BL

Comment

Glad you got a solution. And in the spirit of the forums here, I have added to your reputation for posting back.
          C YA Around
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X