No announcement yet.

synchronization errors

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synchronization errors

I know this has to have been brought up before but I couldn't find it in search. I also couldn't find a specific answer to my question on google. .mdb, .db, etc files are showing up as having failed when a user logs off and it synchronizes. This is good and intended, but very annoying for the user. They have to actually wait for that to pop up and click out of it for it to actually log off. Is there a way to supress these errors and just have it go through and log off?
    Last edited by noRulez43; 16th May 2007, 22:05.

Re: synchronization errors
    Exclusion error suppression
    The Offline Files feature does not permit you to cache certain file types. This restriction prevents corruption of file sets and avoids conflicts with competing synchronization technologies. When you try to cache one of these file types, you may receive the following error message for each file:
    Files of this type cannot be made available offline

This message is useful to users who are unfamiliar with the synchronization process. However, when users understand that certain file types cannot be cached, the message becomes an annoyance, because the message prevents the synchronization progress dialog box from closing automatically at the end of synchronization. This hotfix introduces a new registry key that prevents subsets of these files from generating this specific synchronization error.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.