Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover the pst file

Hi All ,

We are using SBS 2000, Exchange 2000 . , Now i am having lots of mail in my pst file which is save locally in my pc , c:\ . now from it accidentially i have deleted so many mails permanantly so now how to recover it . i have tried scanpst utility but its not working ...i havent get my mails back . so is there any way to recover the deted mails from local pst file.

Thanks,

Peter.

Re: Recover the pst file

You delete them from the PST -- they are gone. Maybe some third party tool but ScanPST is only going to fix structural inconsistencies, not perform an undelete.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Are you sure you mean .pst and not .ost? ost is an offline copy of your mailbox, and depending on how you configured your server, you may still be able to get some of them back.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

HI ,

I am having .pst file in my out look , that is locally saved in my pc , and there are some mails in which i had deleted accidentially ...so i want to know that is there any third party tool avaliable...i have tried hard but all r chargable very high...so is thereany free tool available and migh be anyone had used it ..

Thanks,

Peter.

Comment

Depending on how the exchange server is configured the server keeps the deleted objects for x days.

Open the "deleted" in outlook and you should have an icon that says something like "recreate deleted object". It can says something different, I've translated from my swedish Web Outlook.

If it hasen't gone too far you should find your deleted mails.

Robert

Comment

It's "Recover deleted Items" and it only works for objects deleted from an Exchange mailbox I believe. These objects were deleted from a PST file.

If "Recover Deleted Items" doesn't work, then these items are GONE.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply ..but i cant find deleted items while browsing deleted items folder..We are using out look 2002 in our office .

Peter.

Comment

It looks a bit different in outlook, I'm using 2003 but I rekon it shouldn't be any different.

If you have it you'll find it under the tools menu, but you still need to have the deleted folder active.

Hope this will turn any ? into !

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by peter_lev View Post
                  Hi ,

Thanks for your reply ..but i cant find deleted items while browsing deleted items folder..We are using out look 2002 in our office .

Peter.
                  Click on "Deleted Items". Click the "Tools" menu. Select "Recover deleted items".

Tom
                  For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi

You may need Stellar to recover those deleted items.

Or if you have any back up of the exchange server mail boxes periodically, you will be able to restore the old mails.

Hope this wirll help you

With best regards

Prabu
                    prabu

Comment

None of these recover mail from PST's - that's why we have mailboxes and recover deleted items and dumpsteralwayson reg keys. Search the net for "PST=BAD"; it has been around for almost 10 years AFAIK.
                      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                      http://www.wintra.co.il/
                      sigpic
                      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                      X