keep same WS name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep same WS name

Here is what I want to do. Old sbs2003 server is out.

bought new server. installed new sbs2003R2 OS. Will migrate users data (exchange was getting email from isp via pop3 before).

I want to create (recreate) the same users names etc., including the same names of the workstations. Such as Reception2.

How can I rejoin the WS's to the sbs server? Do I have to alter the names of the WS's and use connectcomputer again? Or is there a way to keep the old names?

Re: keep same WS name

You will need to run the connect wizard but can keep the old names. Whats important is the SID, which will change
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

what is the significance to me that the sid changes?

Comment

All previous setting/profiles will be lost (Pretty significant)
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X