Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - suddenly C-drive size gone up

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. Today i got a critical error message related to "Low Disk Space(C". I don't understand why our C drive has increased in size so dramatically from 50GB to 73GB. Yesterday, i checked it was only around 49 to 51 GB and today i checked the size of it. It's 73GB now. I checked all the folders under C and if i didn't count it wrong. They didn't sum up to 73GB, but just around 54GB. I'm nervous now.

Is there any way to track this down for SBS 2003 standard version (No ISA)?

Thank you in advance

Re: Help - suddenly C-drive size gone up

When you checked the size, did you have all the "unhides" selected in "Folder Options" so that files are not being hidden from you in searches?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Download and run windirstat from www.windirstat.info.

It will graphically show you what's taking up the space, so you can easily identify large files or multiple small ones.

It's a handy tool that's ideal in these situations.
      Neil Mac

Comment

Originally posted by neilmac View Post
        Download and run windirstat from www.windirstat.info.

It will graphically show you what's taking up the space, so you can easily identify large files or multiple small ones.

It's a handy tool that's ideal in these situations.
        Thats a neat little program! Nice find. I always used treesize, but this one is slick.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've saidĒ - Alan Greenspan

Comment

The original problem can be caused by a number of factors, including a large print job or jobs spooling on to your C: drive or the SBS reports themselves consuming large areas of disk space temporarily. That is why the report may say one number, but now when you add it up it comes to less.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X