No announcement yet.

Cannot create object

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot create object

Hello...I have a big problem ,i have in my company 2 server , one with 2003 SBS standard ed(is the DC) and the second with win 2003 standard(Backup ServeR).The problem is that when i try to create an user or computer he give the error that he cannot run the direcory service,when i look in the events i see that i have problem with the replication and if i give manual replication he said that "RPC unavailable" . I try with dcdiag command but i did nothing....
    If somebody can help me i will be gratful...

Re: Cannot create object

I suggest you run dcpromo and take your secondary server back to member status. Fully update both servers with updates apart from Windows Server 2003 SP2. Disable the Windows Firewall on the member server and re-run DCPromo to promote it to a DC. Wait sufficient time before restarting it as a DC to allow replication to take place. Check again for replication and/or make it a GC and make sure all is replicating.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.