sending email with the second email domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending email with the second email domain

I have SBS 2003 R2, configured to receive email for 3 domains.

Every user can receive email on both domains.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

The default smtp address is domain1.com

The users are using Outlook 2003 configured with exchange account.

How the users can send email with one of the other domains email address?
    (ex. [email protected])

tnx

Re: sending email with the second email domain

I am assuming you want them to use the same mailbox and not open a different profile or have OWA for another domain.

In Outlook, you add an entry in mail accounts for POP3 pointing to the Exchange server. In "Define Send/Receive Groups" you edit "All Accounts" and define the secondary group as Send only.

Then on a new mail you can choose with which account to send. Reply will automatically choose the account on which it was received by default.

HTH
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: sending email with the second email domain

Teiger,

Hi ... I have the same problem as below. Can you please xplain in more detail what you mean?

Thanks

Dkid

Originally posted by teiger View Post
      I am assuming you want them to use the same mailbox and not open a different profile or have OWA for another domain.

In Outlook, you add an entry in mail accounts for POP3 pointing to the Exchange server. In "Define Send/Receive Groups" you edit "All Accounts" and define the secondary group as Send only.

Then on a new mail you can choose with which account to send. Reply will automatically choose the account on which it was received by default.

HTH

Comment

Working...
      X