Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN / IP Issues

Hi all,

forgive me if I am wrong here, but giving it a blast at what I think to be the problem.

I usually VPN to the home network via my XP Pro laptop and T-Mobile Vario II (aka HTC TyTn).

The phone originally had WM5, which had a modem program, but I have upgraded to WM6 to test, which now has internet sharing. The problem is that now it has internet sharing when I connect the phone (via usb) it comes up as a new network and assigns the laptop a 192.168.0.x address.

The problem I belive is that the home network is setup exactly the same 192.168.0.x addresses. So when I VPN in I can authorise, and get assigned an IP, but cant cannot to any resources or even ping any network addresses.

I belive this is because both networks are using the 192.168.0.x.

Am I right and if so any ideas how to fix? I was thinking of having a say 192.168.200.x for VPN connections on the SBS2003 box, and having routing setup on the server between? would this work? and I have no idea how to setup..

Re: VPN / IP Issues

anyone know anything?

Comment

Change the offending subnet or disable it all together if possible (and if not needed).
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
        Change the offending subnet or disable it all together if possible (and if not needed).
        "and I have no idea how to setup.."

Comment

Hello an0key,

I made a short video tutorial for you. 8 MB download. Right click, save as..

http://www.boche.net/dropbox/an0key.wmv

I hope that this helps.

Jas
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
          boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
          My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
            Hello an0key,

I made a short video tutorial for you. 8 MB download. Right click, save as..

http://www.boche.net/dropbox/an0key.wmv

I hope that this helps.

Jas
            Hi you've made a video on how to disable a network device, thank you but this is not going to fix the problem.

What I need to know is how on the _server_ to make it assign a differenet subnet to _vpn_ connections, as the home and host networks both share the same subnet, rendering the vpn unusable.

Comment

Working...
            X