Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message: microsoft outlook is requesting data from the server

Hi all

Iīm having problems sending mail with outlook 2003. We are running SBS 2003 with the "built-in" exchange server.

The thing is that everything was working just fine until last week when we had a harddisk replacement on the server. The old one was becoming to small and changed it with a new and bigger one with better security (RAID 1).

Anyway, everything went just fine and the server were functioning just fine until last thursday. No one was able to send any mail, (receiving mail was no issue) the users just couldn't send anything, neither internally or externally. All mail appeared on the outbox and the "error"message received in the lower right corner was "microsoft outlook is requesting data from the server". I am far from an exchange expert but i looked in the event viewer, services and didn't find anything unusual. I restarted the server and hey presto! the mail where gone (delivered).
    So i thought ok problem solved, but this happened again today wednesday and I'm afraid this is going to continue to happen until the problem is localized.
    Any ideas why this is happening? Has this something to do with the harddisc change? Any suggestion would be much appreciate.
    Thanks in anvanced!

Re: message: microsoft outlook is requesting data from the server

You'll just have to be patient I'm afraid. People come here when they get a spare moment; even the admins and mods have Real Life to contend with. I don't know anything about SBS Exchange, but I do know manners.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Rorro,

I saw that you deleted your "other" post. Good. Otherwise I would have had to do something about it.

Post moved to the right forum (SBS).
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        I don't know anything about SBS Exchange.
        Actually if you know anything at all about Exchange then you know about SBS Exchange, because....
        IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

As to the original question, i find this quite common in most networks, if the network is at all busy. So if the problem is because the server is busy with I/O to the disks, then yes it is related. If it is related to other items connected to networking, then look there.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X