Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery receipt problem

Hi ,

We are using SBS 2000 , Exchnage 2000 . Now i have enable delivery receipt in my server . now i am receiving message as a delivery receipt but the problem is i am receiving the complete mail inside the delivery receipt with the attachement if i had sent any mail with attachement . now his is creating the unnecessary network traffic and bandwidth usage so i want to stop this...earlier when i was asking for the delivery receipt i am receiving only one message which contains only a message that your message is delivered to the remote receipant but now this is not happening ...what settings i need to do in my server to stop this..

Thanks..

Peter.

Re: Delivery receipt problem

IMHO opinion turn OFF delivery receipts. There is no guarantee you will get them all the time and, as you say they create network traffic and eat up bandwidth. What is more, they usually succeed to annoy people who receive your mail.
    It would be better to allow full SMTP logging in the SMTP Connector/Virtual Server. You also have the message tracking tool which you can turn on. These are much better options for tracing what happens to your mail. All IMHO, of course!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: Delivery receipt problem

Hi ,

Thanks ...but ...actually it should not happen in normal exchange 2000 setup ...so how can i stop this mis functioning ...

Peter.

Comment

Working...
      X